Ever heard the phrase a lock-in? It’s when you get the chance to continue drinking in a bar after the legal opening hours. On such occasions a select few are allowed to stay behind (or in some bars I’ve known the vast majority) and the landlord locks the doors. Well, here’s a chance to win the ultimate lock-in and there is no fear that the police will come asking questions.
Guinness have teamed up with with Airbnb to launch a very special competition. The former brewery and seven-story visitor attraction in the heart of Ireland’s capital city will become a unique residence for one night only. Home to Guinness since 1759, when the owner, Arthur Guinness, had the foresight to sign a lease for 9,000 years, the iconic Gravity Bar will be converted into a loft for the competition winner plus friend
They will enjoy the full Guinness experience with a private history tour topped off with a six-course dinner* made with Irish ingredients and designed to go with the black stuff. There will also be a Guinness tasting bar (of course) with private butler (were you expecting anything less), the chance to play pool or Jenga with life-sized pieces and gaze at the night sky through a giant telescope. Or study the city through the bar’s floor to ceiling windows. After all that the winner can sleep in a pint-shaped bed.
To be in with a chance to win, you have to be free on April 24th 2017 and answer the following question:
What makes you the world’s biggest Guinness fan?
Log-in HERE to enter and check out the terms and conditions. The competition closes on March 22nd
*If you’re more interested in food than drink, you might like to know that the six course meal has been created by the Guinness Storehouse Executive Chef Justin O’Connor. This is what will be on offer:
- Oysters served three ways: Smoked, Guinness gratinated & Natural
- From the garden: Irish beetroot with Ardsallagh goat’s cheese mousse, oat biscuit crumble and mizuna
- Guinness grain-fed beef rib, shitake & Korean red chilli broth
- Grilled scallop, smoked salmon belly bonbon, spiced cauliflower, pickled rainbow carrot & caper & chilli dressing
- Guinness grain-fed beef fillet, pomme anna, foie gras mushroom purée, Guinness jus
- Dessert table with Guinness chocolate mousse, white chocolate popcorn, dried raspberries, macaroons, mango, warm bramley apple crumble, Guinness ice cream & chocolate sphere